Infant Classroom Philosophy
Welcome to the world, new friend !Royal Crown Academy infant classrooms foster an environment of safety, comfort, and security. In classrooms filled with nurturing teachers, sensory discoveries, and new friends, we help babies thrive through age-appropriate and individualized interactions.
We partner with you to develop an approach that is consistent with your family’s routine to ease the transition from home to school. During waking hours, infants are offered both individual and group lessons to stimulate brain development and build core skills essential to self-discovery and empathy.
A “Day in the Life” of Our Infant Classrooms Throughout the day, our infant friends will experience:
- Body Care Rest assured that babies are regularly fed and changed throughout the day to provide the ultimate comfort and care. Every feeding and changing is recorded so parents can understand the events of the day and ask questions.
- Rest Growing bodies need time to rest and recuperate as they venture onward along their growth journeys. Parents play an active role in developing nap schedules to maintain consistency between home and school.
- Songs & Sign Language To add dimension to the concept of literacy, teachers engage in singing and sign language throughout the day to emphasize language with children. Sign language can help pre-verbal children more effectively communicate with caregivers.
- Oral Language Verbal mapping and activities around the spoken word aid children in the understanding of materials, conversations, and emotions.
- Reading As teachers read to children, literary breadth expands through aural, verbal and print awareness. Books can also help children explore new concepts at age-appropriate levels.
- Motor Skills From tummy time to the pincer grip, activities around gross and fine motor skills help infants strengthen large and small group muscle coordination.
- Sensory Infants are incredibly receptive to various stimuli across many levels including sight, touch, and sound. We also have infant buggies to safely take strolls outside in the fresh air.
- Socialization As infants age, they begin to comprehend connections with adults and peers. Classroom activities seek to further enhance the foundation for these social-emotional skills.
Infant Classroom Curriculum So more than just daycare, our infant program combines tender compassion with rousing activities to inspire an atmosphere of love, joy, and growth. In addition to frequent hugs and smiles, infants are offered both individual and group lessons to stimulate brain development and build core skills essential to self-discovery and empathy.